Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download music from an old iTunes account to a new one?

I have been using one apple account for a while, and have about 850 songs on my ipod touch currently. I got a mac recently and started using a new apple ID, and was wondering how to download music from my ipod to my new account and computer. When I synced my ipod to my computer, about 350 of the songs downloaded to my computer, but not all of them. I would ideally like to have my music from my ipod and my computer be able to be used on both devices. I have a home share going on with the original account but I am still unable to get the 850 songs on my computer. Thanks.

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 8:58 PM

1 reply

Jan 3, 2014 11:13 PM in response to Jazzgrl

If at all possible avoid having more than one Store account. You cannot transfer purchases between accounts and having maintain two accounts is a comp[licated mess.

The best way to get music on the computer is to copy it from the old computer by copying the whole iTunes folder to the new computer, start iTunes with the option key held down and guide it to the transferred library.

Purchases will transfer from an iPod to a computer but not items you did not purchase from Apple. If you absolutely must do it that way you will have to buy third party commercial software.

How do I download music from an old iTunes account to a new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.