Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini screen is black.

I was using an app and I was quickly closing the app (not with the home button) and locked my ipad before the app actually closed. I returned and my screen is black but you can see a trim of my background. I tried usin Siri to open apps but she claims she cannot. I can't shut it down by holding down power button and the battery stays 100%. I'm not sure what to do at this point since this is my second iPad mini (Other one wouldn't charge or turn on) so I've already used the warranty for it. Any advice on what I should do if any? Thanks for any responses. (Currently using IPod touch to report this problem)

Ipad mini-OTHER, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2014 11:12 PM

Try reset iPad

Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears

Note: Data will not be affected.

7 replies

Jan 18, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Tete0810

I was checking my mail when the inbox froze. I waited a few minutes and the screen was black. I wasn't able to turn it on although the batter was 80%. After trying to turn it on and off with the home button and the sleep/wake button alternatively, I was not able to get it to come back on. After pressing the home and the sleep button together it came back on with 79% battery. Is this a bug? I just got my ipad air 2 in December. What is the problem?

iPad mini screen is black.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.