Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 won't connect to PC

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with this or if anyone has had the same problem. I've had my iPhone 5 for a few months now and it has been fine when connecting to my HP (windows 8) laptop for downloading photos and syncing to iTunes. However, only recently it has stopped connecting. The phone charges and "connects" yes but when I click on the device or go on import photos, it tells me there are none. Not only that but when I go onto iTunes it doesn't pick up my phone at all and won't sync. My iPhone is on ios 6 by the way; purely because I prefer it 🙂 My iPad mini that I got yesterday won't work either; it has the exact same problems and it has ios 7. Has anyone had this problem or know a way of fixing it?

Thanks x

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 2:42 AM

2 replies

iPhone 5 won't connect to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.