Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot from 9.2.2 from 10.4 MDD, is it possible?

Good day to the forum.I have a serious problem on a machine G4 MDD . On this machine i'm not unable to load the system 9.2.2 .I've tried everything : double hd master/slave , double partition in the same one, loading from USB pendrive, boot from disk with C key , alt, original disks of MDD. I do not have the option to use the classic because the machine must be connected to an instrument and a card with proprietary specification for this version. No way! It boots with only disks where is loaded OSX 10.2-10.4, even if is loaded from DVD disk and HD disconnected from the motherboard. I'm really desperate! Never had such a thing ! It ' possible that THIS specific machine is impossible to dual boot ? From the startup disk in 10.4 i do not see any partition for 9.2.2 and only 10.2 seem to be bootable . I am open to any suggestion , trick, trick and any suggestion is appreciated.

These are the characteristics of :PowerMac G4 M8570 EMC 1914 PowerMac 3.6 CPU ( 3.2) 1Ghz , Boot ROM version 4.5.7f1logic board 820-1474-1

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 4:04 AM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2014 7:16 AM in response to paolofromitaly

There are two 1Gz MDD models. Not sure which one you have.

Apple Power Macintosh G4 1.0 DP (MDD) Specs

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/specs/powermac_g4_1.0_dp_mdd.h tml

This model is capable of booting Mac OS 9 and using Mac OS 9 applications within the Mac OS X "Classic" environment provided with Mac OS X 10.4.11 "Tiger" and lower

Apple Power Macintosh G4 1.0 (FW 800) Specs

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/specs/powermac_g4_1.0_mdd.html

This model is capable of using Mac OS 9 applications within the Mac OS X "Classic" environment provided with Mac OS X 10.4.11 "Tiger" and lower It cannot boot into Mac OS 9.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Boot from 9.2.2 from 10.4 MDD, is it possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.