Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i change my apple id to an active email address?

Hi,

Can anyone help me out with a problem i have with my icloud? Several months ago i changed jobs which meant my email address which was connected to my itunes/app store became inactive, i managed to change my details on my account to new email address, but didn't realise i had to change it for my apple ID for icloud. I have just bought a new iphone and i'm having real problems putting my existing apps onto it as it seems my icloud is connected to my old inactive email address/apple ID.

To make matters worse it now seems i have 2 conflicting apple IDs, one with my current email address and one with my old inactive email. I've tried recovering my old password but the details don't seem to match.

PLEASE HELP ME!!

thanks

Rob

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4, Problems with iCloud

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 5:20 AM

You would have to delete your account from your device first, then change your Apple ID at http://appleid.apple.com (if not already happened) and then add your account again using your new email address.

1 reply

How do i change my apple id to an active email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.