Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange problem trying to burn FCP clips

I have a 82 min documentary I exported to Compressor from FCP Studio 2. ( FCP version 7)

After 6 hours of compression, using the preset codec DVD 90 BEST, I end up with a MPEG-2 Vido file and a AC3 Audio file. Great, ready to roll into DVD Studio Pro 4.

I import both files and drag into the green icon, choose First Play. In the viewer the full movie plays fine.

I format just to give it a title and press BURN.

The result is a 6 second test clip I burned yesterday. I don't know where it's getting that source material as I have trahsed those clips yesterday and tney do not appear in the Assets window and I never saved that project.

So, my documentary is sitting in the timeline and in the Assets window, yet it won't burn that project, only the test clips from a previous project.

I just noted in the LOG>BUILD error note:

Note: The file ‘POWER_EROTIC.layout’ found in the ‘VIDEO_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.

Note: The file ‘UNTITLED_DISC.layout’ found in the ‘VIDEO_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.

Note: The file ‘VOB_DATA.LAY’ found in the ‘VIDEO_TS’ folder is not a DVD-Video file and will not be included in the final disc or DLT.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), FCS 2

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 6:46 AM

The messages are standard fare; neither the .LAY or .LAYOUT files are ever included inthe final build. I'd suggest rebooting your Mac then starting a new DVD Studio Pro project. If that results in the same problem, you may need to trash DVD SP's preferences with this app: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

-DH

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2014 6:46 AM in response to LawrenceFerr01

The messages are standard fare; neither the .LAY or .LAYOUT files are ever included inthe final build. I'd suggest rebooting your Mac then starting a new DVD Studio Pro project. If that results in the same problem, you may need to trash DVD SP's preferences with this app: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

-DH

Jan 4, 2014 10:11 AM in response to LawrenceFerr01

Does the simulate funciton work? You say it plays fine in the viewer, but you may just be playing the track rather than simulating the dvd behavior.

David's steps are a good idea. Once you've done those rather than burning the disk within dvdsp, in DVDSP try doing a file: advanced burn: build. Create a new folder with the name of the dvd and DVDSP will create the video_ts and audio-ts folders in that folder.

You can than test the build using the mac dvdplayer by launching the dvd player and going file: open dvd media and navigating to the folder you created above.

This will save you alot of time and money on blank dvd-roms.

Strange problem trying to burn FCP clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.