Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to restore Pages to prior version on my iPad

How do I go back to prior version of Pages for iPad? I tried restoring from a backup to my laptop. But after the restore, it is still the newer version on my iPad which requires the upgrade to Mavericks on my other computers. I do not like the new stripped down, colorless, no-choice Mavericks, after seeing it on my husband's computer. I am disappointed and unhappy with the downgrade/loss of functionality in the Notes app for iOS, and I am not at this time willing to upgrade all my machines to Mavericks. When the functionality is restored there in a future upgrade, then I will upgrade, but not until then.

In the meantime, I wish to ditch this upgrade and go back to the prior version. How do I do that? It says, on my laptop, in iTunes, that the version saved there is version 1.7.2, downloaded 7/15/13. How do I restore just this one single app to my iPad, running 7.0.3? Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3, Not willing to upgrade to Mavericks

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 8:05 AM

OK I figured it out.

First, in iTunes on the Summary page, I turned off backup to iCloud on my iPad, and selected backup to local computer instead.

Then in iTunes in the list of apps, I selected Pages and clicked Remove. It uninstalled Pages off the iPad. Pages was still showing in the list of apps, this time with an Install button. It continued to show the nice old icon. I clicked Install, It installed the older version from my hard drive. Whew!

Now I'm going to go to iCloud and see if there's a way to delete the upgrade that I downloaded...that's not looking possible. There's just that Beta version there, which someone else said, is different.

Next I'm going to re-backup to my computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2014 8:05 AM in response to Azakloriderarer

OK I figured it out.

First, in iTunes on the Summary page, I turned off backup to iCloud on my iPad, and selected backup to local computer instead.

Then in iTunes in the list of apps, I selected Pages and clicked Remove. It uninstalled Pages off the iPad. Pages was still showing in the list of apps, this time with an Install button. It continued to show the nice old icon. I clicked Install, It installed the older version from my hard drive. Whew!

Now I'm going to go to iCloud and see if there's a way to delete the upgrade that I downloaded...that's not looking possible. There's just that Beta version there, which someone else said, is different.

Next I'm going to re-backup to my computer.

I want to restore Pages to prior version on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.