Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to quit MS Office Home and Student for Mac 2011 Outlook error

I have the 2011 MS Office Home and student edition installed. It does not come with Outlook. I don't have Outlook, and I don't use outlook, and I don't want to buy Outlook. But...the program hijacks my machine and won't let me quit office or shut down my computer. A window appears asking for my Outlook key (I don't have one and the one for Word doesn't work) OR tells me to sign up for Office 365. Nope.

I cannot figure out how to get this to stop. Anyone else had this problem? thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Air, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, ApTV

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 2:22 PM

Try asking in the Office for Mac forum.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac?auth=1

9 replies

Jan 30, 2014 9:37 PM in response to Templeton Peck

I respect your level 9 rating, are you an Apple employee or just patrolling the forum as a volunteer. If you had this problem on a recurring basis and could find help NO WHERE ELSE, you might be desperate enough to ask for the good help of others here. And then you might be skooled by a volunteer patrolman, and it wouldn't be helpful at all. Or maybe that wouldn't happen to you...

Apr 17, 2014 1:28 PM in response to randy139

Command Q will definitely allow you to exit the program.

I had this problem and called Apple support. Once you get out of Outlook, move the "O" icon to to trash can. This at least gets it out of the dock so you can't accidentally open it, which is what I had done.

It is a mystery to me why the icon is even there since Outlook doesn't come with Office 2011.

How to quit MS Office Home and Student for Mac 2011 Outlook error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.