Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has there been an i-Cloud fix for those of us who thought our old Pages documents (09) would be compatible with the new Pages and deleted the Pages 09. Help

Has there been an I-Cloud fix so that we can send incompatible 09 Pages documents to be opened? I unwittingly lost important documents when I bought my new Mac with the updated and apparently incompatible Pages software.

MacBook, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 9:56 AM

3 replies

Jan 4, 2014 8:12 PM in response to mangofrau

Do you mean you cannot open them at all? What is the error message?

If they were iWork '08 documents you must open them first in iWork'09. If you do not have iWork'09 talk to Apple, some people have reported being given a free copy of iWork'09.

If you mean that you have iWork'09 documents with features that are not supported in the new Pages - then no there has been no fix, except that Apple promises to gradually add back in some of the missing features.

If you bought iWork'09 through the app store on your old computer you may be able to download it to the new one. Or if you have the install disk you can install it on your new computer, and then update it.

Or try asking Apple for a copy.

Has there been an i-Cloud fix for those of us who thought our old Pages documents (09) would be compatible with the new Pages and deleted the Pages 09. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.