Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

THe instructions given to hide apps do not fit with what is coming up on my screen. IT says go to purchases and then click on the x next to the app you wish to hide. There is no x next to the icons on my screen. Please help.

I am trying to hide apps on an iPad, but the instructions given to hide apps do not fit with what is coming up on my screen.

IT says go to purchases and then click on the x next to the app you wish to hide.

There is no x next to the icons on my screen.

Can someone please tell me in easy steps what to do.

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 11:44 AM

3 replies

Jan 4, 2014 1:42 PM in response to k01234

Not sure where you are.

If you wish to remove an app from your iPad you need to touch and hold any app icon on the home screen until it starts to jiggle. Then you can tap the x that appears to the upper left of the icon for any apps you wish to remove from your iPad. These apps will still be available from your account in the iTunes store, but you will have to redownload them to use them.

THe instructions given to hide apps do not fit with what is coming up on my screen. IT says go to purchases and then click on the x next to the app you wish to hide. There is no x next to the icons on my screen. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.