Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 4g wont sync music

My iPod 4G hasn't been working correctly. The battery is most likely fried because it doesnt last for long and it charges quickly. It only lasts for an hour or so. It also has a problem with putting new music onto it. I tried backing up my iPod and then syncing the music, but it wont do it. I put the music onto my new laptop through a CD and it went onto my iTunes Library, but when I tried putting it onto my iPod it went through the whole process of syncing, but nothing happened. Nothing popped up, no errors, or anything. My music also skips around. I went to play a song and it completely skipped over it. I tried again and it still didn't work. Now that song works(I dont know how I fixed it), but now it's doign it to other songs. I've had this iPod for about a year now. It's getting frustrating. Can you please help me solve these problems? Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 12:06 PM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2014 1:24 PM in response to Ceizers

Assuminh the songs play in iTunes OK

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync all music and resync

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod 4g wont sync music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.