Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes syncs, but doesn't sync new songs.

When I click on sync while connected via USB, it syncs fine, but it's not syncing the new music. This is while set to automatically sync everything that's checked and the new music is selected.

I've tried restarting iTunes, turning the iPhone off and back on, and searched around online for solutions, but they all say to switch settings.. which I can't do.

If I click on "sync music" under iPhone>Music, it wants to delete everything first. If I try to switch to a manual sync, it also wants to delete everything. This is the same computer, same apple ID, same iTunes library, that has always been used with this iPhone. There isn't anything on it from another iTunes library that it should want to delete. How on earth am I supposed to sync the music if it won't do it automtically like it's supposed to but I can't switch settings without deleting everything on my iPhone and re-syncing all nearly 17GB worth of 3,000+ plus songs, pictures, apps, and podcasts just to add 5 new ones?

iPhone 4, Windows Vista, iTunes is up to date

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 1:21 PM

2 replies

Mar 24, 2016 10:31 AM in response to widsithgrey

Two years after your original post and I am having this same problem with my iPhone 6 and trying to sync it to a Macbook running Mountain Lion (0S X 10.8). I suspect it was something to do with my iPhone now being on iOS 9. The last time I did a sync to my phone was a year ago when it was still on iOS 8. It doesn't help that my Macbook is running such an old OS X either. Let me know if you found anything that worked.

Mar 24, 2016 10:38 AM in response to Poynetian

The following steps should resolve issues with syncing assuming all of the content you want is in your library.

(If it isn't see Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.)

1. Backup device.
  2. Restore as a new device.
  3. Restore the backup you made earlier.

N.b. A feature introduced with iOS 9 referred to as app thinning or app slicing allows each device to download only the code and resources needed by that device, resulting in smaller downloads and better use of storage on the device. As a consequence the device no longer holds the universal version of the app that could be installed on any device so transferring apps is no longer supported. You can however download past purchases from iTunes and/or enable automatic downloads of app purchases to make sure that iTunes always has the apps that you want on your device. A further change to the way restores are implemented means that all private app data is restored and apps that are not in the library are queued for download from the iTunes Store over Wi-Fi, in a similar fashion to the way restore from iCloud works. Not having the apps in your library isn't the drawback it once was, however you are still at risk of losing a favoured app if it is removed from the store and you don't have a local copy.

tt2

iTunes syncs, but doesn't sync new songs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.