Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble importing c300 footage after installing XF plugin

I am still unable to import my MXF files via card-reader into FCP 7 even after installing the XF plug-in everyone has suggested. I am getting the same 'Unsupported Media' error message. Did I download the incorrect plug-in? Was there some other step I missed?

Any help appreciated.

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 2:05 PM

Can you describe what you are doing in your attempts to import?

Are you ingesting from camera media?

Thanx

MtD

12 replies

Jan 4, 2014 6:01 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Thank you for the response.

I attempted to import my MXF files via 'Log & Transfer' in Final Cut Pro 7. I have made sure to go in to the L & T Preferences and select Canon XF - MPEG2 option. I then have tried to drag and drop the MXF file into the available windows in L & T. I have also tried to drag and drop the various folders in my Canon XF drive. I am doing this all via the compact flash card.

This is a somewhat new process for me so sorry if I am not answering your question perfectly. It isn't entirely clear to me what 'Ingesting from camera media' means.

Thanks again very much.

Jan 4, 2014 10:01 PM in response to Shane Ross

Thanks for the response, Shane.

I tried that as well. The 'level higher' would be the card itself - named 'Canon XF'. I received the same error message.

I tried using the folder I backed it up onto and that had the same error message. Is their a proper way to backup the files onto my Mac? I tried dragging and dropping into a folder, as well as using XF Utility. Do I need to have the folders be named in a certain way?

Jan 4, 2014 10:15 PM in response to Kornman

Manually dragging and dropping is one way. It might not get every file...I use an app called ShotPut Pro from ImagineProducts.com. It automates the process, and ensures things are copied.

But you can't even get this to work from the card itself, so that's not the issue. What version of FCP are you running?

Is this the plugin you downloaded?

http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0040354.asp

Jan 5, 2014 11:04 AM in response to Shane Ross

I seem to have finally downloaded the correct plugin: http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/camcorders/Digital/Dig ital_Cinema_Camera/EOS_C300.aspx?DLtcmuri=tcm:14-1032785&page=2&type=download

I am now seeing a different error in the Log & Transfer window. I'm attaching a screenshot.User uploaded file

Do I need to change a setting?

Thanks again for your help.

Having trouble importing c300 footage after installing XF plugin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.