Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX Won't Open Library... Project Deleted?

Hello,

I recently updated to FCPX 10.1. I was editing a project and had the connected event, along with other events, in the same library. I was almost done with my editing and Final Cut force closed. Okay, no big deal... or so I though. I opened it up and my project wasn't there. I then tried to open the library that it is in and Final Cut force closed again. It does that everytime I attempt to open this particular library. Please help! I don't want to lose all my work. 😟

I also have the error report if anyone needs it.

Thank you,

Savannah

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 2:14 PM

19 replies

Jan 30, 2014 11:54 AM in response to heysavvy

Thank you. I was able to open the package contents and duplicate them but only to another folder, not to another FCPX Libray file. Maybe I'mmissing something the new Libray system still confuses me.

I copied package contents to a new folder, then opened FCPX to create a new library, then closed FCPX and tried to copy the folder contents into the library. Obviously that was wrong 🙂

What am I missing?

Thanks again for responsing so quickly.

Jan 30, 2014 1:10 PM in response to TRC1

Hello,

First, find the Library that is having problems. Right click and select "Show Package Contents."

User uploaded file

Next, open another Finder window and find the new Library that you want to move the stuff into. Right click and select "Show Package Contents." Drag the contents from the first Library to the new Library.

User uploaded file

When you open FCPX, your stuff should be in the new Library!

User uploaded file

FCPX Won't Open Library... Project Deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.