Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5.0.5 changes my video's background.

Motion changes my video's background (which is gradient due to the 'lighting'), however, its perfect when its playing in motion, but doesn't render the same way, it renders pixelated.

My render options are on best.

its a 720p video on 59.94fps.

I do not think its a Quicktime problem because this video plays the same (pixelated) on itunes as well.

I'm using an imac , 8gb RAM, 2.7GHz, i5, with Mavericks. Please help.

Also, I was previously making vids on 5.0.2 which rendered perfectly. i just switched to 5.0.5.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 2:00 PM

9 replies

Jan 5, 2014 11:21 AM in response to BenB

I have made this video on a black background with the 'light' type being 'point'. so yep can be counted in as gradient. And there are parts where I've used motion presets which also have light rays moving forward or resizing from a spot to the whole background which is also turning out pixelated. Apart from that its a 352mb file which is rendering out to just 121mb and if i export it with a better compressor it turns out 1.4gb but still pixelated. What should I do switch back to 5.0.2?

Motion 5.0.5 changes my video's background.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.