Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Super Slow - Randomly Not Reloading Tabs on Restart, or Reloads All Tabs At Once

My Safari in super slow lately. Pages take forever to load, and when I restart Safari some tabs don't reload - one or two tabs out of ten remain blank while the page title still remains at the top of the tab (see screen grab below). Sometime, all tabs will spontaneous reload, which causes me to lose data.

Not sure what the probem is, but Safari has been a bummer since the Mavericks update on both my Retina MBP and my Retina MBA. Chrome runs fine on my computers, but I still prefer Safari.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, iOS 7.0.4, Retina Display

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 2:12 PM

1 reply

Jan 4, 2014 5:06 PM in response to sjsjsjsjsjsjs

From the Safari menu bar, select

Safari Preferences Extensions

Turn all extensions OFF and test. If the problem is resolved, turn extensions back ON and then disable them one or a few at a time until you find the culprit.

If you wish, you may be able to salvage the errant extension by uninstalling and reinstalling it. Its settings will revert to their defaults. If the extension still causes a problem, remove it permanently or refer to its developer for support.

Safari Super Slow - Randomly Not Reloading Tabs on Restart, or Reloads All Tabs At Once

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.