Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why when syncing does music not transfer from the computer to the iPhone?

I have imported CD's onto my laptop and they are now on my itunes, however when I sync my iPhone to the laptop using the USB they do not transfer onto the iPhone! When I click on the 'On this iPhone' part they appear but have dotted circles next to them. After numerous attempts at syncing and being able to get to get to step 5 they still never transfer. What is going on?!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 3:22 PM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2014 8:18 PM in response to AmishCake

AmishCake:

I have purhcased music on iTunes on my computer in the last two days and its not updating properly on my iPhone or iPad. I can see it listed as recently added on the iphone, but it is not listed as purchased music. It's not listed at all (just sync'd three times) on my iPad as recently added or purchased. Neither device has updated most recently played music, as the new songs have been played quite a bit (one is "Happy" by Pharrell which I've played a hundred million times so far, even though I'm not so "happy" with my devices right now...) they are not showing under most recently played-playlist. In fact each playlist hasn't made a single adjustment, even though I went in and changed the total number of songs to display on the playlist - and have listened to different songs than what is stuck there.

I sent a text to my sisters to complain and they are experiencing the same annoying problem on their devices from their Mac books.

I own 1,151 purchased songs since buying my MacBook, and have 5K songs loaded on all three devices. This is not because I don't want to spend all night and tomorrow morning removing and adding songs from each device, or reading frustrated texts from my sisters and mom who are experiencing the same, but I don't think this is an isolated problem and appropriate fix.

I think there is a problem with the syncing. I don't think its just us four experiencing this. But maybe so, stranger things have happened.

Thank you anyway for responding with a solution, that I may just have to carve out time to do..

Why when syncing does music not transfer from the computer to the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.