Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband - "System Overload. The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time. (-10011). Im making a song on Garageband and I have recorded guitar, drums recorded on the musical keyboard, and vocals. It now says this, and won't play.

Im making a song on Garageband and I have recorded guitar, drums recorded on the musical keyboard, and vocals. It now says this, and won't play. Ive worked so hard on this and I don't know how to fix it. I am not very skilled or knowledgable in computers and barely know how to operate Garageband as it is. I have many different tracks in this song for different drums and beats. Please someone tell me how to fix this, I'm not even finished it! And again I am not very informed on how to work computers as well as most of you are, just saying. thanks!!!

P.S.: In my about this mac thing, it says i have version 10.9.1, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, and Memory is 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

MacBook

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 4:06 PM

Could you do this?

1. Go to Finder
  2. Go to Applications
  3. Go to Utilities folder
  4. Launch Activity Monitor app
  5. go to its Memory tab on top
  6. tell us what you see at the very bottom?

Here is a sample of mine.

I bet your page/swap amount will be huge.

If there is not enough RAM, OS X temporarily stores RAM data on the harddrive and tries to retrieve it back into RAM when needed, unfortunately that is so slow that GB throws an error as it cannot play it all in real time.

User uploaded file

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2014 4:06 PM in response to MattR15

Could you do this?

1. Go to Finder
  2. Go to Applications
  3. Go to Utilities folder
  4. Launch Activity Monitor app
  5. go to its Memory tab on top
  6. tell us what you see at the very bottom?

Here is a sample of mine.

I bet your page/swap amount will be huge.

If there is not enough RAM, OS X temporarily stores RAM data on the harddrive and tries to retrieve it back into RAM when needed, unfortunately that is so slow that GB throws an error as it cannot play it all in real time.

User uploaded file

Garageband - "System Overload. The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time. (-10011). Im making a song on Garageband and I have recorded guitar, drums recorded on the musical keyboard, and vocals. It now says this, and won't play.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.