Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mailbox is filled with emails from "unknown"

For several days I've been receiving hundreds of emails from "unknown sender."

I have done everything that gmail recommends - i've changed my password, marked all of the emails as spam, and deleted them forever. I have blocked them from my Outlook. I think that something must have infiltrated because I can't access all of my documents normally. My document set up looks different now - a little circle before each file and folder, and a different font than I've ever seen before. When I go to click on it to attach to something, nothing happens. Very frustrating! Any thoughts? I downloaded virus barrier express but no files have come up as defective.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 4:06 PM

2 replies

Jan 5, 2014 7:58 AM in response to lykantor

Receiving spam e-mail does not mean that you are infected with any kind of malware. It may mean that someone who has your address in their address book is infected, or it may simply mean that a spammer has gotten hold of your e-mail address somehow and is hammering you with e-mail.

Regarding the issues you're having with Outlook, you'd be better off seeking help for that from the Office for Mac forums.

Mailbox is filled with emails from "unknown"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.