Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get airport express working after network "forgets" the device

My airport utility (version 6.3.2) cannot "find" my airport express base station. It shows internet connection, but no base stn. The light on base station is orange. How can I get it working again?

It was not working, and so I tried resetting (soft reset). At some point, the utility asked if I wanted to "forget" the network. I said "yes", thinking I could reinstall the airport express. But now it can't "see" the base station at all.

I'm on a Macbook running Maverick, and using the airport express to wirelessly connect to printer.

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 9:01 PM

6 replies

Jan 5, 2014 8:11 AM in response to LIMN

I unplug the device and I use a pencil to push in the button and hold it for 60 seconds, but there is no flashing light to indicate a factory reset, so I think it is not happening.

Unplug the Express to power it off

Wait a minute or two

Hold in the reset button first....and keep holding it in for an additional 10 seconds while you simultaneously plug the Express back into power

Release the reset button after the hold period

Allow a full minute for the Express to restart back to a slow, blinking amber light

The Express is now back to factory default settings and it can now be reconfigured using AirPort Utility

Jan 6, 2014 5:08 AM in response to Joseph Kriz

Thanks. I had not read the factory reset instructions properly and was not holding the button in when I plugged it back in. When I did, I was able to get a factory reset. I could not figure out how to set up the Airport wirelessly (as it had been), but did get it working when it was hardwired into my cable modem. But, now it only works for one of my mac computers. The other computer says that "printer is not connected". How can I set it up so both computers can print through the airport?

How to get airport express working after network "forgets" the device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.