Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font Won't Show Up in Pages 5

I have a TTF type font that I have been using for several years. This font doesn't appear to be showing up in Pages 5. The font in installed in the font folder in my user library. The font still works in Pages '09. I can also get it to work in Word 2011. How do I get it to work in Pages 5?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 8:26 PM

8 replies

Jan 5, 2014 7:34 AM in response to Cerebro

For clarification, this is the font -- http://www.dafont.com/famous-logos.font -- I have a symbol from this font that I have been using in a document I've been maintaining for a while.

fruhulda,

By "doesn't work", I meant that Pages seemed to be refusing to acknowledge that the font exists. It was not showing up at all in the font pull-down in the formatting sidebar.

Tom Gewecke,

With the method you suggested, I was able to select the font. However, I still could not use it.

I had also noticed that the font was not showing up in TextEdit, either. So, it's got to have something to do with how Apple rewrote these apps. I tried moving the font from my user library to the system library to see if the apps would acknowledge it, there. Still, no go. I was still working, flawlessly, in Pages '09 and Word.

Finally, I did what I probably should have done in the first place. I deleted the font and installed a fresh copy. Now, it works. I am able to use it in, both, Pages 5 and TextEdit. Which still begs the question, why wasn't it working before? Any ideas? I'd still like to know in case I encounter this with other fonts that I haven't touched since the Pages upgrade.

Thanks.

Nov 23, 2015 11:01 PM in response to denisecxm

Yes you can.

The fonts are installed into the System Library. And in fact what you are seeing if you click on the Toolbar Font button, is a condensed version of the Font Book showing of the System fonts.

Pages may need a restart if it isn't paying attention, but it does not need to be shut down for the installation as the two are separate events.

Peter

Font Won't Show Up in Pages 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.