Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why i can't downgrade my ipad from ios 7 to ios 6?

i don't understand. if i paid for my ipad, it is supposed that i'll have to be able to do with it whatever i want to do. The problem is that the new ios makes my ipad2 slower. So, is this a strategy of apple to force me to upgrade my tablet? i am really disappointed because my workflow has been affected because of this situation.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 9:22 PM

Because Apple has NEVER supported downgrading the iOS. That's the only answer there is.

9 replies

Jan 5, 2014 1:05 AM in response to andresneo

yes, i already did that, and doesn't work.

before of the upgrade the ipad was fine. now is really slow.

is the ios, is too heavy for the ipad 2, but the apple programers already know that.

apple is forcing me to use a tablet that doesn't work well, only because they want to sell me a brand new one.

anyway, I'm not going back to buy another ipad because I feel that Apple are forcing me to do that.

probably is time to change to android tablet, or wait a little for ubuntu tablet.

Jan 5, 2014 8:32 AM in response to tonefox

Tonefox, apple is forcing me to use a ios that is not the most appropriate for my ipad.

that way my iPad becomes obsolete, which ultimately forced me to buy a new one.

It is the only way to explain why apple does not allow downgrading the ios...

MichelPM, also there are many ipad users who have no problems with the new ios, there are a lot of them with problems with the new ios.

AnaMusic thanks. Today I try everything it says your post. unfortunately my iPad stays the same

thanks you all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.