Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home sharing is very slow

I'm not sure when this happened and obviously I don't know why... all my devices are up to date. My homesharing from my imac to appletv is insanely slow and I can't mirror at all basically. I need help!!

i believe its a 3rd gen apple tv and a 2011version imac... trying to watch my home movies on the big screen.

THANKS!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2014 9:58 AM

Hi awhiting80,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I'd recommend starting with the steps in this article if you are experiencing poor performance with Home Sharing:

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2972

Best Regards,

Jeremy

3 replies

Jun 10, 2014 3:00 AM in response to awhiting80

I brought ATV3 day before yesterday, and it worked absoultely fine till today morning. Since today, there is huge delay, iTunes library on home sharing does come up, music plays with some delay, but movies do not play at all.

Also I am unable to do screen mirroring from my MBP! However, internet streaming works fine, and also Home Sharing and mirroring from my iPhone5 works fine. Only from MBP it doesn't steam or mirror!

I have done reset on ATV3, turned ON/OFF home sharing, ATV3, my router, iTunes, MBP many times, no luck!

Jun 13, 2014 12:07 AM in response to awhiting80

Well, I spent long time with Apple Phone support, they made me delete the library, move some iTunes file from Library folder on my MBP but that didn't help.

I also did reset my Apple TV, and did all the settings again. No change.

I read somewhere on this forum itself I think to remove "Share my Library on local network" option from iTunes preferences, under sharing. As per the suggestion, this is an old option, and when you have home sharing on, you don't need this to be checked. More over it causes sharing to be slow. So after I unchecked it, I ATV3 and my MBP on for about an hour, and when I came back, it was all just perfect! 🙂

home sharing is very slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.