Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 11" Thunderbolt ethernet connecting to Airport Extreme at 100MB and not 1G

I am connecting the thuderbolt ethernet to the ports behind the Airport Extreme but it shows that I am at 100MB while it should be a GIGBit connection. I saw there was software update for older OS but this new machine came with Mavericks.

Any problem anyone?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2014 10:32 PM

Are you using the latest AirPort Extreme as pictured in the middle here?

http://www.apple.com/compare-wifi-models/

2 replies

Jan 5, 2014 12:03 AM in response to sberman

1) I have a TC (Time capsule) not Airport Extreme. Sorry for wrong info.

2) I've changed the ethenet cable to a Cat 5e and it now ok to detect Gigbit ethernet.

3) Somehow, I think the time estimator is wrong. I am transferring using the ac network right now and it's saying 18 minutes at 36GB out of 55GB. This makes sense. I think the estimate time was wrong. I think it should be GB not MEG. The problem it gave was like 2 days at start but as it goes, it is now 15mins.

MacBook Air 11" Thunderbolt ethernet connecting to Airport Extreme at 100MB and not 1G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.