Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security breach with Mavericks

I just got an email listing the only two computers in the network with OS 10.9.1 loaded. It was from a company called Orbicule which listed the computers and their serial numbers. I am not sure if this is because we had Firewall not set or just a bad idea for a marketing campaign, but I would like to know if it is a system vulnerability?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 1:34 AM

6 replies

Jan 5, 2014 11:36 AM in response to rccharles

Bit sharp that. Unnecessarily so and a shame because I have always read your replies in general with much interest.

I fed Orbicule into Google, as the OP could and should have done, and came up with masses of info on Orbicule and its relationship with Apple. That would have enabled the OP to ask the question in a more positive way

One of the cardinal rules in Communities is that one should make an effort to resolve a question before posting and in this case Google would have been such an effort. At least, it seemed so to me.

Jan 5, 2014 1:12 PM in response to openchannels

What network is this? Yours or ?

Are you sure they listed the serial numbers? If you visited their site, they would know your IP address (or rather, the one from your router if you use one) Mac model, OS version, etc, but I am not aware of any way they would know your serial number (unless you're part of someone's network).

Security breach with Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.