Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 13inch high end model retina or 15 inch low end model retina?

Hi, Im currently looking to upgrade my macbook air mid 2011 model in the next few months.

I am looking at getting a macbook pro either the high end 13ich retina or the low end 15 inch low end model. just not sure what to get.

i like the look of the mbp 15inch with the speakers on each side, but im not too sure about the weight issue. im going to be starting uni this year (travelling my car) and im not sure if the 15inch is going to be too big.

is the 15inch heavy to lugg around?

what mbp is better for a uni student?

or should i wait incase a newer model comes out?

thanks guys 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 2:24 AM

1 reply

Jan 5, 2014 2:36 AM in response to lauren095

A couple of factors you should take into consideration. You should find out from your school what applications will be desirable for the studies you will be involved in. Most are PC applications so that you may have to install Windows in your Apple. Depending upon the types of applications, a PC may make more sense.

Do not dismiss an Macbook Air. They are thin, light and the battery run times are superior to the Pro's. I suggest that you select the smaller version of each unless a larger display has great appeal to to. Aside from the disply size, there is little difference for a college student between the 13" and low end 15" MBPs.

Ciao.

macbook pro 13inch high end model retina or 15 inch low end model retina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.