Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple colors of events in iOS 7 stock calendar

I found only older posts on this topic so I decided to open a new thread to ask you if anything has changed for the better with iOS 7 and its calendar.

Can you change the colors of events in a single calendar to differentiate between event types?

For example laundry every Saturday has the color pink. The weekly learning course has the color blue.

Br

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4, iPad mini 2

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 7:56 AM

No, you can only change the colour of the calendar associated with an event not the colour of the individual events. You can however create multiple calendars with there own colours and names. You also do not need to use the default Home and Work labels you can change them to whatever you want and create others.

5 replies

Jan 5, 2014 11:53 AM in response to foo-on-air

Don't give up yet! The reason I brought up the fact that you could change the labels of the calendars is because you can create labels based on any criteria you want and give each calendar/criteria it's own colour. Now when you create an event you can assign it a colour based on the criteria you want. Also, if required, you can change the colour of the event if the criteria changes.

Jan 5, 2014 3:06 PM in response to Gino Cerullo

Do i understand you correctly that this approach differs vastly from the style I used to work? Or let me rephrase it's analogous but different?

I think in terms of the way I organize emails with gmail. Emails are classified by their topic and labelled accordingly. Labels correspond to folders on ipad.

With organizing events I have to think of multiple calendars each with its own color where a calendar could be similar to a folder or label?

Multiple colors of events in iOS 7 stock calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.