Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with hotmail syncing on iphone 5c

Has anyone else with hotmail.co.uk email accounts had major problems getting their iphone 5c to sync with their hotmail account? I can get emails to my iphone fine but when I delete or open them it does not sync with the server meaning when I open my hotmail from my PC, all the emails are still sitting there showing as unread.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 5:44 AM

4 replies

Jan 5, 2014 6:28 AM in response to chantelsmith19

Exchange accounts are not only for business. Microsoft has supported accessing a hotmail account as an Exchange account on iOS devices and other devices for quite some time know, which allows for syncing server stored mailboxes and syncing contacts and calendar events over the air.

An antiquated POP account does not sync email and mailboxes with the server. A POP account is designed to be accessed with a single computer only which was introduced when the overwhelmng majority had access to a single computer only - a desktop, and long before there were laptops much less smart phones.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/972980

problem with hotmail syncing on iphone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.