Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSight not recognized in system profiler, iSight not recognized in system profiler

Hi

My iSight was working completely fine a few days ago. However, for some reason, today when I tried using iChat/PhotoBooth/Skype, it said that there was no camera attached to the computer. I have tried numerous times resetting the SMC and restarting my computer and it doesnt seem to fix this problem...

I then checked my system profiler and realized that the iSight was not under USB.

Is there a way to fix this???

User uploaded file

MacBook

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 5:57 AM

1 reply

Jan 5, 2014 7:58 AM in response to kristineminji

You have tried some good things that lead me to think you may have a hardware problem.

You do not mention that you have tested more than one user account, but you should do so to see if that helps you find a fix you can do on your own.

Nor do you say which Mac OS you use, but you can try applying the latest Combo Update for your Mac OS X version. I suggest you use your Mac's Disk Utility to repair permissions before downloading the update AND AGAIN immediately following the restart that completes the Combo update.

Properly applying the Combo version of updates can sometimes correct software problems, but, if your trouble is caused by a hardware problem, there are no user serviceable parts of the camera. For hardware help, contact Apple or an Apple-Authorized Service Provider for service. Unless you have a current backup, make one before relinquishing your MacBook for service.

iSight not recognized in system profiler, iSight not recognized in system profiler

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.