Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 on Bootcamp doesn't want to boot. Can't copy files from Bootcamp to mavericks

Hello.

I have strange problem. A few days ago a was doing some projects on windows 7 and updates appeared. When windows was installing updates I closed it down by holding power button. After that I can't access to windows(windows loading screen appears, it loads for about 20 min and after that nothing happens). When I'm trying to repair it with windows install cd it doesn't recognize any windows partition. Anyway I've got many project files on Bootcamp with are very important to me. I tried copy them on OSx but I can't. OSx see correctly Bootcamp partition but I can copy only small files like PDF 120kb. Whem I am trying to copy bin files(my project) an error appears "finder can't complete the operation because some data in ... Can't be read or written. Error code -36". I tried installing ntfs-3G but after that it unmounts Bootcamp and when I'm trying to mount it again error appears. I tried also Ubuntu live cd, with ntfs-3G. I tried ntfsfix commands, I tried to mount it on Ubuntu but still same problem. I also took off disk form Mac and installed it in case. I plugt it by USB to another computer but unfortunately same problems. Bootcamp can't be mounted. Linux says that I should log into windows and try chkdsk /f but like I said I just can't boot to windows. I hope you can help me, because this projects are very important :/ Btw. OSx also running very slowly now. Something happend after that restart on updates and mavericks is booting very slowly and also running slowly...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 6:38 AM

1 reply

Windows 7 on Bootcamp doesn't want to boot. Can't copy files from Bootcamp to mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.