Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confused about iPhoto 11

I have a two year old iMac and recently upgraded to Mavericks. Everything went fine. I was hoping the upgrade would give me a feature in iPhoto that a friend of mine has on her four month old iMac. Specifically she is able to right click on photos in Facebook and is given the option to import the photo directly into iPhoto. After upgrading to Mavericks I was still unable to do this. I then thought that maybe now I needed to upgrade to iPhoto 11 (my iPhoto is version 9.5.1) but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this. When I go to the Mac App Store (via iTunes) and find iPhoto 11 the only options I can see are apps for iPhone or iPad, not an iMac. If I go to the App Store and search for iPhoto 11 it says that the latest version is installed but I still cannot acces the feature of right clicking and saving directly to iPhoto.

I would really like to use this feature to capture family pictures into my iPhoto albums. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 7:29 AM

That's not an iPhoto feature, that's a feature of the web browser used to view Facebook. I have that in Safari. What browser do you use?

2 replies

Confused about iPhoto 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.