Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

maverick has destroyed my scanner on MP160 canon,how can it be rectified

I have only recently discovered that my scanner will not function on my Canon mp160 . This prints fine but will not scan.

Maverick Os 10.9.1 has somehow destroyed the driver . I reset the printer and the scanner facility disappeared altogether!

Is there a software fix for this on the way , or in existence ? I have tried Canon's Easy Photo as recommended after a chat with apple support but this only offers format printing solutions.

What are the options here ? Is the MP160 un supported or now redundant?

Is this a pitfall of upgrading to Maverick?

Live in hope , Jeff293

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Flash 10.3 will not install

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 8:01 AM

8 replies

Jan 5, 2014 8:18 AM in response to jeff293

First run Software update. Apple has been pushing out updated printer drivers that way for a couple of years.

If that does not pick up a new driver, this Canon site:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_s eries/pixma_mp160#DriversAndSoftware

has Mac driver downloads for the MP160 supporting up to and including OS10.9 Mavericks.

Mar 11, 2014 5:23 PM in response to jeff293

For those with running Mavericks and having trouble scanning with Canon Printer MP160, go to applications then open the "canon utilities" folder. Open MP Navigator 3.0. click on "Scan/Import" icon then click on "open scanner driver". Proceed with the scan and smile 🙂.

I dont think you need any new software insallation. Opening the scanner via Navigator worked well for me.

Mar 12, 2014 5:20 AM in response to Kryptix

I followed this advice and it helps. There is also a Youtube video which points out that the Canon drivers for the earlier Lion OS will work for OS 10.9.2 .

It is not available for Mavericks but go ahead and download from the earlier OS menu on the Canon page for the printer in my case MP160, the Navigator works the scanning process. All functions then restored.

Mar 14, 2014 4:22 PM in response to jeff293

I have found that the problem lies within the user environment. I'm having the same problem as the OP. When I create a new user under Mavericks on my MacBook (for example a guest user) the scanner (CanoScan Lide 110) works perfectly fine, even if it doesn't work in my own user account. I haven't found a solution how to fix my environment yet ...

Mar 14, 2014 4:33 PM in response to mirek

Please start your own discussion post.

In our experiences here, no user has the exact same issues with their Macs.

It would help us to help you if we could have some more technical info about your iMac.

If you so choose, Please download, install and run Etrecheck.

Etrecheck was developed as a simple Mac diagnostic reporting tool by a regular Apple Support forum user and technical support contributor named Etresoft.

Etrecheck is a small, unobstrusive app that compiles a static snapshot of your entire Mac hardware system and installed software.

This is a free app that has been honestly created to provided help in diagnosing issues with Macs running the new OS X 10.9 Mavericks. It is not malware and can be safely downloaded and installed onto your Mac.

This is NOT malware or a virus and does not divulge any personal information and is safe to download , install and use.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Copy/paste and post its report here in another reply thread so that we have a complete profile of your Mac's hardware and installed software so we can all help with your Mac performance issues.

Apr 21, 2014 2:19 AM in response to Kryptix

I tried this, but under Mavericks MP Navigator 3.0 crashes every time on opening so the "Proceed with the scan and smile." part is very difficult.

Tried to download a MP Navigator 4 version, but it seems incompatible with the MP160.

A;so tried the website suggested above

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_s eries/pixma_mp160#DriversAndSoftware

but it seems to say there is no Mavericks driver for the MP160.

Does anyone know if there is a more recent version of MP navigator thet does work with a) Mavericks b) the MP160

Thanks

Srtephen

maverick has destroyed my scanner on MP160 canon,how can it be rectified

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.