Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2008 MacBook Pro Nvidia Problems

What can I do if my MacBook Pro early 2008 has the nvidia problems. I already reset PMU, VRAM, connected it to an external display, and all of that and was wondering if there is anything else I could do since it says (http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2377) it ended 12/7/12. Thanks!

(The MacBook Pro when turned on sits there with the sleep light on and the fans on with nothing showing on the display and when you shut the lid the indicator light becomes brighter.)

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 9:03 AM

3 replies

Jan 18, 2014 8:12 PM in response to Dbrad475

Please... (More details. It takes a cd but I can't eject it since it doesn't boot and shows a blank screen. No Bong sound. When I shut it the indicating light becomes brighter. Sometimes when I turn it on after being off for a long time it works. It also turns on sometimes if I leave it on and let it heat up and then turn it off and let it cool down a bit.)

Jan 28, 2014 2:25 AM in response to Dbrad475

Hi,

Like you i am experiencing this issue. I have had some limited success in overheating the laptp and allowing it to cool. I cannot guarantee that this will work for you but at the moment i assume its worth a try.

What i did is wrap the computer in a duvet with the lid closed, upside down and turned on (plugged in and battery removed). I then left the laptp like this for a number of hours. The laptop will overheat and switch itself off and begin to cool.

I found that once this process had taken place (took approx 2 hours) the laptop booted again.

Unfortunately this only seems to rectify the issue in the short term and once the computer is shut down the issue rears its head again.

hope this can help you as much as it helped me.

Regards

Early 2008 MacBook Pro Nvidia Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.