Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do we split devices away from on ID(we have three separate iphones and and two ipads under the same id)

How do we split devices from one ID? We have 2 4s's two ipads and 1 5c tied to the same ID. Needless to say this creates a dificult situation with data.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 9:00 AM

1 reply

Jan 5, 2014 9:06 AM in response to Blackbeardvb

If you want to separate them, you'll have to migrate the devices to separate accounts. To do this, start by saving any photo stream photos you wish to keep on the device to the camera roll (unless already there) by opening your my photo stream album, tapping Select, tapping the photos, tap the share icon (box with upward facing arrow, then tapping Save to Camera Roll. If you are syncing notes with iCloud, you'll need to open each of your notes and email them to yourself so you can later copy and paste the text into new notes created in your new account. Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account (which only deletes it from this device, not from iCloud; the device keeping the current account wll not be effected by this), choose Keep on My iDevice and provide the password to turn off Find My iPhone. Then sign back in with a different Apple ID to create your new account and choose Merge to upload your data.

Once all your devices are on separate accounts, you can go to icloud.com and delete any unwanted data from each account.

how do we split devices away from on ID(we have three separate iphones and and two ipads under the same id)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.