Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad Mini has very low sound output

Any help out there?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2014 6:57 AM

Try this. I changed my sound from stereo to mono. Go to: Settings - General - Accessibility - Hearing. The sound volume increased greatly. Lou

10 replies

Jan 5, 2014 9:56 AM in response to Inga51

Make sure volume is set to max:

• Use the volume switches on the upper right side, just below the multipurpose slider.
  • Open the Control Center by sliding a finger up from the bottom edge and use the volume slider.

Note also that there's a limit to what two tiny speakers can do; it is not like they can sound like those huge boom boxes.

Jan 5, 2014 1:15 PM in response to Inga51

Try this - Reset the iPad by holding down on the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons. (This is equivalent to rebooting your computer.)

Check your settings. The iPads have a small switch on the right edge. It can be used as a rotation lock to keep the screen from automatically reorienting itself as you move around, but you need to have the tablet’s settings configured properly. That same switch, right above the volume buttons, can also be set to function instead as a mute button to silence certain types of audio.

If the switch is set to work as a mute button, you can change its purpose to “screen-rotation lock” by tapping the Settings icon on the home screen. On the Settings screen, tap General on the left side, and on the right side of the screen flick down to “Use Side Switch to.” Tap to select Lock Rotation or Mute to set the button’s function. Even if you set the side switch for your preferred use, you can still mute the Mini or lock the screen. Just double-click the Home button, and when the panel of apps appears along the bottom edge of the screen, flick the row from left to right with your finger. Tap the icon on the far left side of the row to either lock the iPad’s screen or mute the iPad’s alerts, notifications and sound effects. Music, podcasts and video are not muted unless you turn the volume all the way down.

iPhone: Can't hear through the receiver or speakers

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1630

http://www.atreks.com/app-no-sound-on-ipad-4-%E2%80%93-what-to-do/

To solve some sound problems, just follow these simple steps

1. Go to Settings

2. Tap on General

3. Tap on Reset

4. Tap on Reset All Settings

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Feb 27, 2015 5:53 AM in response to Inga51

The problem still exists. I got an iPad Mini 2 32 Gb two days ago from an Apple Store and the speaker volume is much lower than my iPad Air 2 and my iPhone 6 Plus. I was at a Best Buy yesterday and an iPad Mini 3 and an iPad Air 2 had a song in their iTunes that I also had in my iPhone 6 Plus. All three devices are running 8.1.3. I adjusted all three devices to two clicks below maximum volume level. Both the iPad Air 2 and the iPhone 6 Plus volume output was loud while the iPad Mini 3 volume output was appreciably lower. I even demonstrated the volume difference to a Best Buy sales person.

Feb 27, 2015 6:07 AM in response to David Bendau

This is common and I believe is just the nature of the device. I've had nearly every iPad made (except for the 1st gen and iPad Air 1) and the volume is noticeably lower on both of the mini 2's that I own compared to any other iPad I've owned. The mini 2's volume is even lower than that of the original mini 1 (that I no longer have).

As I said, it's just the nature of the device and there's nothing that can really be done about it aside from turning up the volume a couple of clicks higher (if you're already at max volume, there's nowhere else to go)

Jun 9, 2016 10:13 AM in response to Inga51

I have the same issue on my iPad Mini 2. I've found the following remedy to increase the volume level significantly:

As others have noted, change the output from stereo to mono: Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing

Turn off volume limit and make sure volume is set to max : Settings > Music > Volume Limit

and finally, change the EQ settings to "Late Night": Settings > Music > EQ

I tried all the different EQ settings and for some reason only "Late Night" seems to boost the overall volume, not just a particular frequency/set of frequencies like the other EQ settings seem to do.

New iPad Mini has very low sound output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.