Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i lost my ipad, but bow have found it. i requested an erase. is there anyway to stop the erase?

i lost my ipad, but bow have found it. i requested an erase. is there anyway to stop the erase?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 12:21 PM

2 replies

Jan 5, 2014 12:31 PM in response to bsrobinson1

No, but you could try put it in airplane mode as fast as you can to prevent it from connecting to the internet and executing the erase command. If you are successful, you can then back it up to your computer using iTunes (connect it to your computer, open iTunes, click on the name of your iPad in iTunes, go to the Summary tab of your iTunes sync settings and click Back Up Now, then go to File>Devices>Transfer Purchases). Then turn airplane mode off and allow it to erase. When finished, restore the iTunes backup you made earler to return the data to your iPad.

Mar 12, 2014 3:46 PM in response to bsrobinson1

What I did Was: I entered in My Iclud Account, then I removed the devise from my account.. then it popped up a screen saying something like somebody else can use your phone or it will reappear if it connects to the internet.. anyway delete it, and then it will stop the deletion, then go to your lost and found devise and connect to find my Iphone app from it and it will reappear in my devises, anyway I made a copy of It before doing that, just in case.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.