Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my Bluetooth devices not connect automatically to my iPad air?

I've paired a few devices to my iPad Air, most notably a Bluetooth keyboard and a Bluetooth audio receiver.

None of these devices appears to connect automatically once they are turned on and Bluetooth is enabled on the iPad. I have to manually select the device from the Bluetooth menu in settings. Hardly an arduous task, but it would be a lot simpler if these devices just connected automatically - especially given that all my other devices cope with it just fine.

Why won't these devices connect and what would be a good workaround?

Thanks!

iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2017 2:49 AM

It is very simple. They should implement a auto-connect option for every blootooth device, just like they have implemented now for wifi in IOS 11.

The fact that this has not been done yet is to give an avantage to Apple’s own products like Apple tv. There is absolutely no other explanation for that. Android doesn’t have any of those restrictions.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2017 2:49 AM in response to amruth92

It is very simple. They should implement a auto-connect option for every blootooth device, just like they have implemented now for wifi in IOS 11.

The fact that this has not been done yet is to give an avantage to Apple’s own products like Apple tv. There is absolutely no other explanation for that. Android doesn’t have any of those restrictions.

Nov 4, 2017 11:55 AM in response to Pprof

true, this is really sad and hobbles any bluetooth that doesn’t use proprietary apple chips. you either get apple’s evil lock in behavior or android’s insecure, fragmented, unsupported platform. i choose apple but evil crap like forcing bluetooth with iphone 7 and then ignoring bluetooth usability except with their own devices *****. apple is evil.

Why do my Bluetooth devices not connect automatically to my iPad air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.