Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upload At Constant Frame Rate H.264?

Happy New Year

FC6 - Trying to get smooth playing SD clips on Vimeo. Have already thoroughly checked settings as recommended by staff:

H.264

720 X 480

Using correct frame rate which is 29.97

Data Rate restricted to 4000 kbits/sec

Audio is not the problem.

Doesn't seem to matter whether I use 'Current Frame Rate', or type 29.97 in the export settings. Doesn't seem to matter whether I use Optimized for: 'Download' or 'Streaming'

The result is always a slight stutter throughout. Smaller sized test clips always play smoother despite the settings. The traffic? Doesn't seem to matter.

Any ideas?

Thanx

Mike

Mac OS X (10.4.11), #3 Dual Core 2.0 G5 Desktops

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 2:35 PM

8 replies

Jan 5, 2014 6:08 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Hi Meg - thanx for the info

My clips say: Lower (Even). I never checked this before. I hope all the clips are the same? Perhaps this is the defaulted setting?

In any event, I've always choosen: Compressor native 640 X 480, and put a check mark in 'Deinterlace' for the exports.

BTW, the solution although obvious to some, was to use a more 'current browser' for the upload, which I did. And it solved the problem. But getting back to my other question; what to select? Deinterlace, or leave it alone. Deinterlacing seems to help.

Thanx

Mike

Jan 6, 2014 8:03 AM in response to ENIGMACODE

if your quicktime is for display on a computer screen whether locally or via the internet, and there's much movement in your visuals, you should always deinterlace in compressor. For the best quality, enable the frame controls in the frame controls panel, set output fields to progressive and deinterlace to best. This may take a long time to render so you might want to do a test of a short section by marking an in and out in the preview window. You can also greatly speed up compressor by setting up qmaster for distributed rendering.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/posts/using_compressor_with_multiple_cores. html

I generally use the apple: formats: quicktime: h264 preset and customize it in the encoder panel: video: quality to high for vimeo or youtube. If you use this method, you'll manually need to reset your pixel dimensions in the geometry panel to 640x480 square pixels and besure to set your resizing in the frame controls panel to best.

Upload At Constant Frame Rate H.264?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.