Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come "none" isn't an option anymore?

Im trying to create my own itunes acc I already have an Apple id. I want to download songs from itunes using only gift cards no credit or debit cards so i want to know how to do that? I was reading an old post from Apple called "HT2534" and one of the payment methods was "none" i was wondering why it didnt come up as an option for me? Sorry im new to the whole thing but any help regarding this topic would be great because its frustrating me that i have to enter a credit card number. 😕

Side question can you use a debit card?

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 3:13 PM

1 reply

Jan 6, 2014 1:07 AM in response to Apleee

That page is for creating a new account without giving card details, if it's an existing account (and it wasn't created by following those steps) then credit card details will need to be entered befofe you can use it in the store.

As far as I know debit cards are no longer accepted as a valid payment method - they are not listed on this page and there have been a number of posts about them being declined.

How come "none" isn't an option anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.