Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Program to sort apps

Is there a Windows programs that can read in all of the iPad and iPhone apps that I have so that I can create a database and add different information about them? Such as type of appliction, my rating, and different things like that. Having to scroll through itunes page of all the apps that I own is such a pain, and there is no way to sort in any useful manner. Any input would be appriciated - even an iPad app like that would be nice. Thanks!

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 5:34 PM

8 replies

Jan 5, 2014 7:24 PM in response to bwr2616

I'm not aware of anything that does what you want, but I've modified one of my scripts so that it can produce a CSV spreadsheet output like this...

Name Seller Genre Kind Size Date Added
GarageBandAppleMusiciPhone/iPod touch/iPad app582.2 Mb12/05/2011
OrbitRunSwimFlyEntertainmentiPhone/iPod touch app88 Kb01/02/2010
Real Racing 3Electronic ArtsGamesiPhone/iPod touch/iPad app1.51 Gb09/03/2013

...which you could then import into Excel and expand with other fields. The script is called ExportAppInfo. Hope it is useful. 🙂

tt2

Nov 30, 2014 5:49 AM in response to turingtest2

Sorry for bumping this, but would it be possible to include in this script a field that shows who purchased the app? I just bought a new iPhone and as I was recovering from the backup it was asking me for passwords to accounts I have never seen/can't remember. If I could see which apps belong to which accounts, I could delete them and redownload them with my own account.

Nov 30, 2014 3:22 PM in response to ParalysedBeaver

My scripts make use of the iTunes API and I generally only work with what iTunes offers, though I did work out a way of sizing the artwork images at one point. I've unpacked one my apps and I can see the email address in the .plist so I guess I could figure a way to unpack the app temporarily, then hunt through the .plist (binary, not proper text which would be easier) and read out the email address, stick that in the output of the script, and then clean up the extracted files. Seems like a lot of effort for a niche task.

And yes, I meant the iTunes purchase history feature, or more specifically Music > iTunes Store > Quick Links > Purchased > Apps > All. (Starting in Apps you don't get a Purchased link. 😕 )

tt2

Program to sort apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.