Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my Power Mac G5 not connect to my Wifi?

My Power Mac G5 will not connect to my Wifi. I have tried rebooting and other methods, and none seem to work. Any advice or tips would be much appreciated!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 6:22 PM

2 replies

Jun 25, 2014 1:10 AM in response to DanTheBudgie

I had the same problem, my G5 didn't find any wireless network anymore.

After doing lots of trouble shooting as advised on various websites I finally had as last resort a look inside my G5 and sure enough I found one of the connections wasn't plugged in!

I normally don't use WIFI very often on my G5, so I can't pin point when it stopped, but having said this, I did have my G5 in the Apple store 3 months ago to get a new graphic card. Surely they would have seen the issue and fixed it at the same time, one assumes.

Anyway, after fiddling around for at least 30 minutes, because I have a Raid card installed and it's covering half of the wifi card, I finally managed to plug in the tiny button and voila the wireless network was working again.

To find out where your wifi card is, I found this service guide, explaining all the inside parts and where they are.

http://tim.id.au/laptops/apple/macpro/macpro_early2008.pdf

Hope that helps somebody else.

Why won't my Power Mac G5 not connect to my Wifi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.