Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time capsule seen on windows 7 as a network location instead of a hard drive, can't select as a b/u drive

I set up the airport express with time capsule on my pc using windows 7, but TC is not seen as an external HD for b/u it is seen as a 'network location'. I cant use the back up and restore uitility on the pc to backup. HOw to have the TC seen as a hard drive?

airport time capsule-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 8:41 PM

5 replies

Jan 5, 2014 8:50 PM in response to Niel

OK thanks. I was just expecting it to be seen as the various other external hard drives I have used. So I have to see if the 'backup and restore' utility in windows 7 has a work around for this, or use another product. O you know if the backup and resotre program that is native to the windows 7 is able to do this, and if not can you recommend an alternative program? thanks for any further help.

time capsule seen on windows 7 as a network location instead of a hard drive, can't select as a b/u drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.