Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport dropping out Reason 8

Hi all,

I've been experiencing frequent drops of internet connection on my mac pro.

It is connected wirelessly to an airport express station. I looked thru messages in Console and found that "reason 8 ( disassociarted because station leaving)" appears to be the cause behind dropped connections. We also have 2 mbp, 2 iphones and 1 iPad hooked up to the system, and only the Mac pro eperiences dropped connections. I read through many threads, it seems that "reason 8" is frequently mentioned, though no one seem to have any solutions.

so I guess I am throwing this out there again, does anyone know of any solutions?

I'm running on n network, and pro is on 10.8.5.

thanks

Mac Pro (Early 2008), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 10:50 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2014 10:20 AM in response to OrangePanda

Update :

I found out that of all the devices linked to my wifi, my 5 years old WII seemed to be the culprit. It only supports 802.11a, and all my other devices support upto 802.11n, I read somewhere that having a device on the network with older standard may interfere with overall wifi signal. So I turned off WII, and wifi signal to Pro has been uninterrupted ever since. =D

Hope this helps

airport dropping out Reason 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.