Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I save a photo after I have zoomed in on it? I want to save the zoom-in as a new photo and can't work out why this doesn't work the same way saving a cropped image, or adjusted image does. Thank you.

How do I save an image after I have zoomed in on it? I can't work out why I can't save a zoom-in the same way

I can save a cropped image or an adjusted image. Thanks, Lily A.

Posted on Jan 5, 2014 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 7:03 AM

A zoom is just changing your view of the image. It doesn't actually permanently change the image.

What application are you working in? Do you want to enlarge the whole image, or just save a zoomed-in portion of it?

Matt

2 replies

Jan 6, 2014 3:03 PM in response to Matt Clifton

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply. Have realised that Zoom in Iphoto is just a viewing tool and not an editing tool.

Was creating beautiful abstractions by zooming in and wanted to create a new image of the result. Have since discovered that cropping after zooming takes me a little way to where I want to go but it isn't the same effect. Will perhaps have to try to create it when actually shooting. Am doing a photoshop course in February and maybe will learn a bit more then, too. Am pretty much an amateur just finding my way.

Thanks again,

Best, Lily

How do I save a photo after I have zoomed in on it? I want to save the zoom-in as a new photo and can't work out why this doesn't work the same way saving a cropped image, or adjusted image does. Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.