Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting Error Message (-12348)

Hi, does anyone knows what is the problem with the export function?

I keep getting this:

The share operation "Master File" has failed.

The operation could not be completed because an error occurred while exporting (error -12348).

Can anyone tell me the problem? I tried googling for the error code but nothing pops up..

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 12:09 AM

20 replies

Feb 9, 2014 3:59 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

As in "Nothing has worked."

I click the "share" button, click "master file (default)", the normal screen comes up where you can review the settings, I click next, it lets me choose where I want to export the file to, I choose desktop, I click save, and a second later I get a "shared failed" at the top right of my screen.

When I click "details" I got the same message as Ken

The share operation "Master File" has failed.

The operation could not be completed because an error occurred while exporting (error -12348).

Feb 9, 2014 6:44 PM in response to babylonslim

All of the library files are now hosted on the HD, the media files are no longer on the external.

It might be worth mentioning, that I had another problem with another project, and both of these projects were created before the Final Cut Pro X 10.1 update. Both projects dealt with RED .R3D files. The project can't export at 5k but can export via "Apple Devices 1080p"

I thought trashing absolutley everything from the projects and rebuilding from scratch would solve it since there might be some weird transfer stuff happening from the update, but it didn't work in either case.

Exporting Error Message (-12348)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.