6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2014 5:00 PM by PeterBreis0807
manofdogz Level 1 Level 1

the Pages 5 update has somehow appeared in my itunes app list (the previous version is no longer there).

However, as I have not yet updated my iPad to iOS7, when syncing I get the message 'Pages was not installed as it needs a newer version of iOS'

Now that I want to accept the update my iPad to iOS7, how do I stop the Pages upgrade installing automatically? I really cannot use pages 5 in it's present state and just want to stick with my existing version

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 27" | 2.7 Core i5 | 12GB Ram
Reply by PeterBreis0807 on Jan 6, 2014 12:03 PM Helpful

If you update to iOS7 you will lose the previous iPad Pages and it will be updated to the latest version Pages 2.0?

The added complication is that Apple is passing all your documents through iCloud whioch is altering them to the latest Pages 5 format.

Apple is pushing you relentlessly to stuffing up your files one way or the other.

The only way out is to use the iPad as is in iOS 6, or in isolation. Passing documents to your Mac via iTunes or eMail.

Peter

All replies

• manofdogz Level 1 Level 1

I should point out that I only have the 09 version in Finder>Applications folder (which is what I want) but have just the 'waiting to update' version 5 in itunes apps. It's this update I want to avoid...

• fruhulda Level 6 Level 6

If you mean by iTune app list the MacAppstore log out from it.

No - I mean, when my iPad is connected to my iMac, the apps that appear under the iPad icon

• PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7
    expertise.iwork
    iWork

If you update to iOS7 you will lose the previous iPad Pages and it will be updated to the latest version Pages 2.0?

The added complication is that Apple is passing all your documents through iCloud whioch is altering them to the latest Pages 5 format.

Apple is pushing you relentlessly to stuffing up your files one way or the other.

The only way out is to use the iPad as is in iOS 6, or in isolation. Passing documents to your Mac via iTunes or eMail.

Peter

That's what I feared. Unfortunately, whilst I understand the direction Apple is going with Pages and they are at least fast tracking changes following poor reviews, the simple fact is that version 5 will ruin my documents as they have jumped the gun and released an update that only partially supports the previous version features. I for one don't have the time to make changes I simply shouldn't have to!

Shall stick with iOS6 until a future Pages release and see what happens...

• PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7
    expertise.iwork
    iWork

Apple is no way fast tracking anything.

They took a month to even register that there was anything wrong.

And took over a month just to put back the Toolbar, and we have seen bugger all else since and are unlikely to see it for a very long time.

Peter