Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Discontinued email address as Apple ID

The email address associated with my Apple ID will soon be discontinued (it's related to my actual job). I have two products registered with this account. What can I do? I already have another Apple ID with a gmail account with which I would like to associate these products. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 1:52 AM

7 replies

Jan 6, 2014 2:28 AM in response to ita.atz

No. As I previously mentioned ... Purchases are forever tied to the original purchase account details. But you can change the email address as I showed you but not to one in use or previously used.

I know, many people find it a nuisance but the system is proof of original ownership and the complexities of rights make it the best that can be offered.

Jan 6, 2014 3:38 AM in response to ita.atz

My fault. As I read your post I construed it as purchases rather than products. All the same ...

You do not have any particular products shown in your profile.

Nor do you mention any particular products in your question.

That would have helped to avoid the problem since you asked the question in the Mac App Store, too.

As things are there is no longer a necessity to register products as service is based on the serial number.

Discontinued email address as Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.