Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Can I Roll Back my iTunes Library?

I'm guessing it may no tbe possible at all, but here goes.

What I would like to do with my music estate is roll back my current iTunes library file, automatically updated to iTunes 11 when updated on MPBr when this was my only PC using iTunes. Now I have three and some iOS devices too. My library has been moved from windows machines to macs and is several years old and has received 100s of hours of tweaking to get it just right.

Now my server is a PowerPC mac and I can only go as far as iTunes 10.6.xx, I want this to be always on and share the library with other PCs accross home sharing (i will sync iPhones over the wi-fi with this PC too, though it may not play with iOS7, so perhaps not).

I want to see the iTunes library on the macbooks, probably through Home Sharing, I also want to be able to sync the iphones, but only have a single copy of the music files on the server. is this possible? This will just be for when out of the house as I can also use home sharing in the house for music.

Thanks

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 3:27 AM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2014 8:26 AM in response to stevefromashby-de-la-zouch

You say you want to do this with multiple devices. Let's say you have a new iPhone 5 that requires iTunes 11. You will not be able to sync that if your base iTunes is iTunes 10.6 since your hardware will require at least whatever version of iTunes was current at the time of purchase. You're seeing this with your iOS7 phone. Anyway, unless all your hardware is old enough to use the lowest version of iTunes you need to run, you may be out of luck. You cannot share the library. Sharing media is different, and relatively easy, but it will be complex to ensure all the multiple libraries are kept up to date.

You also can't roll back iTunes libraries to earlier versions unless you kept a backup of your library from the point to which you wish to revert, or it is still in the previous libraries folder.

Jan 6, 2014 8:38 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks for the info. Looks like I may be out of luck for my ideal scenario. I just want one source of music and one library, stored on a central machine that can be 'always on' for streaming the content through the home. Guess my current setup will have to do...two libraries on the one machine, one shared between two MacBooks (itunes 11) and a separate library solely for streaming music via home sharing. Not ideal but it's worth it given the very low cost of the PowerPC.

How Can I Roll Back my iTunes Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.