Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Trackpad is freezing up and I have to go into Setup BlueTooth Trackpd with my mouse to unfreeze it. Any Ideas on how to correct this?

My trackpad is freezing up and becomes inoperable from time to time and has just started to do this recently. I have to use my mouse and go into Trackpad Bluetooth Setup and click this box to unfreeze it. I have removed and re-installed the Pair Device and it seems to clear it for a while but the freeezing comes back, any ideas how to correct?

Trackpad-OTHER, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 6, 2014 4:28 AM

1 reply

Jan 8, 2014 7:00 AM in response to 105 Rowena Drive

Hi 105 Rowena Drive,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. This article has steps you can take to troubleshoot issues with your trackpad:

Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3048

Keyboard or mouse intermittently stops responding

Click the mouse

• Click the mouse once to reconnect it with your Mac. It may take a moment for the mouse to respond.
  • Check the battery level of the mouse. Choose System Preferences from the Apple (), then choose Mousefrom the View menu. The battery level indicator is in the lower-left corner. Replace the batteries if they are low. Note: Choose Keyboard & Mouse from the View menu with Mac OS X v10.5. For more information on keyboard and mouse battery levels in Mac OS X v10.5, see Desktop computers: Troubleshooting wireless keyboard and mouse issues.

Check for signal interference

• Wireless networks that operate on 2.4GHz may cause interference.
  • Move cordless phone base stations, microwave ovens, and other 2.4GHz electrical devices away from the Mac if you suspect interference.
  • Keep wireless devices within 10 meters (33 feet) of the Mac.
  • Avoid putting metal objects between the device and the Mac.

This article's steps would also apply to a trackpad. If you've done this and it is not working, please reply with any steps you are unable to complete and any additional information such as exact error messages or strange behavior that you see.

Cheers,

- Ari

My Apple Trackpad is freezing up and I have to go into Setup BlueTooth Trackpd with my mouse to unfreeze it. Any Ideas on how to correct this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.