Hi 105 Rowena Drive,
Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. This article has steps you can take to troubleshoot issues with your trackpad:
Keyboard or mouse intermittently stops responding
Click the mouse
- Click the mouse once to reconnect it with your Mac. It may take a moment for the mouse to respond.
- Check the battery level of the mouse. Choose System Preferences from the Apple (), then choose Mousefrom the View menu. The battery level indicator is in the lower-left corner. Replace the batteries if they are low. Note: Choose Keyboard & Mouse from the View menu with Mac OS X v10.5. For more information on keyboard and mouse battery levels in Mac OS X v10.5, see Desktop computers: Troubleshooting wireless keyboard and mouse issues.
Check for signal interference
- Wireless networks that operate on 2.4GHz may cause interference.
- Move cordless phone base stations, microwave ovens, and other 2.4GHz electrical devices away from the Mac if you suspect interference.
- Keep wireless devices within 10 meters (33 feet) of the Mac.
- Avoid putting metal objects between the device and the Mac.
This article's steps would also apply to a trackpad. If you've done this and it is not working, please reply with any steps you are unable to complete and any additional information such as exact error messages or strange behavior that you see.